Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving, being an american holiday, does not exisit in Africa. I had a little fun with Morella, our cook. When she came to make dinner for us I asked her to bake a turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole, green bean casserole, squash casserole, oh, and could she bake a pumpkin pie with whipped topping. Not to mention this would be impossible because we don't have an oven here. Her eyes got big and she was speechless. We had a good laugh, then she asked me what is thanksgiving? I told her the story. She had seen things on TV about thanksgiving and was wondering what it all meant. Anyway, we had a nice day. Our dinner was good - chicken, beans and carrots, rice and ugali. No desserts though. I think I will get a snicker candy bar today. It is the only thing that tastes like it is supposed to.
My computer is in the shop again. We took it to a different place this time. It seems Gerald doesn't really know what he is doing and pretty much just took it apart and put it back together. He said he replaced the processor but he didn't. It has the original processor in it. The man working on it now says it overheated and burned out a couple of transistors. He will replace them. I should have it back tomorrow.
Today we will go to the "Crater". We need an outdoors excursion to maintain our sanity. I definitely prefer country life to city life.
The work here is progressing daily. Thank you for your prayers..... Love and missing you, Haviylah

1 comment:

  1. praying for you and others everyday. Love and miss you too.

    ReplyDelete